Wong Fei-Hung's son, photo courtesy of Wikipedia
Born on 9th July 1847 and died on 25th March 1924, Wong Fei-hung was a Chinese martial artist, physician, acupuncturist, and revolutionary.
Most people will recognise Wong Fei-hung from the endless number of times he has been portrayed in film and television. Some of the more notable appearances include:
- Challenge of the Masters (1976), starring Gordon Liu
- Drunken Master (1978), starring Jackie Chan. Yuen Siu-tien played Beggar So
- Magnificent Butcher (1979), starring Kwan Tak-hing. Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao and Wei Pak co-starred as Wong's students Wing, Foon and Chik
- Martial Club (1981), starring Gordon Liu
- Once Upon a Time in China (1991), starring Jet Li
- Great Hero From China (1992), starring Chin Kar-lok
- Iron Monkey (1993), starring Donnie Yen as Wong Kei-ying. Angie Tsang played a young Wong Fei-hung
- Last Hero in China (1993), starring Jet Li
- Drunken Master II (1994), starring Jackie Chan. Ti Lung co-starred as Wong Kei-ying
- Drunken Master Killer (1994), starring Willie Chi
Wong Fei-hung was a master of Hung Gar - also known as Hung Fist.